So, girls, I am sure most of you have faced the problem of dull, lifeless hair, more popularly known as frizzy hair. No matter what your hair type is: curly, wavy or poker straight, you need a quick fix for it. Now, there are many products available in the market to help you out with your hair. But that just adds more and more to the chemical usage on your hair. I have created 5 hair masks from products you can find very easily in your kitchen. All these masks have been personally used by me and I am sure it will make your hair so much prettier than they already are!
1. Banana hair mask
Banana has so many health benefits, but when it comes to hair, their sole purpose is to add shine and moisture to your hair. They make your hair more manageable by making it soft and by protecting hair’s natural elasticity.
- Take 1-2 bananas (depending on your hair) and grind it until it turns into a thick paste.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of milk, depending on the consistency that you want and 3-5 drops of honey. You can also add tea tree oil (optional). Now put this mask all over your hair, leaving your scalp.
- Leave it for 30 mins and then wash it off with shampoo, followed by your conditioner. You can actually see an instant result with this mask.
It is my personal favorite to treat frizzy hair instantly. You can use this as often as you like, for a special occasion or regularly, it is totally safe.
2. Onion Juice
Onion Juice is so so good for any hair issue, it is my current favorite and I cannot stop talking about it, like, literally! Okay, now I know it really really stinks a lot but you will be so happy once you wash off your hair after using this hair mask., trust me on this one! This juice gives your hair a very healthy shine, which can become permanent with regular use. Other than helping you out with frizzy hair, onion is rich in Sulphur, which minimizes breakage and promotes hair growth. It fights off scalp infection, helps with premature greying and even fights off dandruff. Need more reasons?
- Depending on your hair length and volume, take 1-2 onion and grind it properly.
- Now squeeze out all the juice from the grated onion and apply it all over your scalp and lengths of your hair, like you would do with a hair oil. Don’t forget to massage it all over your hair.
- Leave it on for 60 mins and then wash it off with shampoo, followed by your conditioner. Use this at least once a week. to see the magic.
3. Yogurt and Aloe vera mask
Homemade yogurt is full of protein which our hair needs, to grow strong and healthy. It is also a natural conditioner for your hair and is known to fight off dandruff. Aloe Vera, on the other hand, is again, a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It promotes hair growth and prevents itching on the scalp. And together, they are a nightmare for frizzy hair.
- You can use yogurt alone, but I like to use aloe vera with it. You need to take the gel part of the aloe vera and grind it. The result will be a sticky, semi liquidy liquid. Don’t worry if it has small pieces.
- Now take equal quantities of yogurt and the aloe vera juice and mix them properly. The resulting liquid will be very close to water consistency. Now apply this all over your hair and scalp as well.
- Leave it for 30 mins and wash it off with shampoo. You can skip conditioner for this one (optional) as they both are natural conditioner to your hair. You can use this once every week.
4. Avocado hair mask
Avocado has extremely high moisture content and is a magic potion if your hair is completely lifeless and frizzy to the point of no repair. Now I would not recommend using just avocado, as it might make your hair oily, but then again it depends on your hair.
- Cut the avocado and take out its creamy green part. Then mash it completely until it becomes like a cream.
- Now mix this cream with 5-7 tbsp milk, depending on the consistency that you want (use at least 4 tbsp) and apply it all over your hair, leaving the scalp.
- Leave it for 40 mins and then wash it off with shampoo, followed by your conditioner. You can use this once in 2 weeks.
5. Hot Oil Massage
Now this one is not really a mask, but more of a treatment. Heating up your hair oil before applying makes a huge difference when it comes to frizzy hair. It boosts blood circulation which in turn promotes hair growth and shiny, healthy hair.
- For this one, you can actually use any oil that you might be already using and give it a good hot oil massage. I personally recommend coconut oil.
- Apply it overnight and wash it off in the morning with shampoo, followed by conditioner.
I have been following this for so many years that I have lost count. You should definitely give this a go and use it as often as you shampoo.
Hope you guys fall in love with these hair masks. They all are my searched and tested and loved hair masks and I am sure one or the other will become your favorite as well.
Here are few other ways which are extremely essential pointers for winter hair care routine.