Summertime is supposed to be blissful, right?
But with all the rising temperature and long working hours, travelling from home to office in a metro packed with people sweating, bliss is gone for a toss.
So here we are trying to restore a part of it with DIY mist and face mask.
1. Soothing summer face mist:
How to do it:
- Pour water into bot
- Melt coconut oil and pour in.
- Add aloe vera gel (remove the pulp from the aloe Vera leaf and grind it in a mixer) and tea tree essential oils.
- Shake well to combine all ingredients thoroughly
- Every time you use your soothing face mist shake bottle well first.
- Use as a refresher after a long day, laying on the beach, working in your garden, post workout or even on a long late night flight.
2. Cucumber with Lemon, Aloe Vera and Rosewater, facial mist.
Lemon-natural exfoliant, clears excess oil and rejuvenates your skin making it soft, fresh and smooth.
Aloe vera- improves blood circulation, soothes your skin and also enhances the elasticity.
Rose water– an astringent, that removes excess oil and balances your skin’s pH levels.
- Peel and slice a cucumber and pour it in a blender.
- Blend it for a couple of minutes and pour its pulp into cheesecloth or a strainer.
- Squeeze it to extract its juice into a bowl and then add fresh lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of rosewater in it.
- Stir well and pour this mix into a plastic spray bottle.
- Store it in the refrigerator for a week and spray this homemade mist on your face to get a cool soothing and refreshing feeling after a tiring day.
Continue the use of this mist for up to 3 times a day on regular basis.
3. Avocado face mask:
This face mask will help you tighten & brighten the skin and leave you rejuvenated and glowing.
- Take a bowl, and mix half a banana and half avocado, crack open one egg and mix well.
- Use a blender to obtain a smooth purée.
- Apply it on your face and neck and leave for half an hour.
- Wash with running tap water (at room temperature).
4. Aloe Vera and turmeric face mask:
Well, summer always leaves us sweaty and oily, leading to pimples and may other skin problems.
So let’s treat the oily skin, and thereby reduce the chances of secondary problems.
- Obtain the aloe Vera pulp from the leaf.
- Use a blender to obtain the gel.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of aloe gel and 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Apply it on your face, and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
5. Oat meal and honey, moisturising milk:
Fret not! Here is the solution.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook oatmeal, water, milk and honey for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently with a spatula or spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Massage a thick layer of plain honey all over your clean face and neck before applying mask. Apply mask to your face with upward strokes. Lie down and relax for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove and rinse by using a soft facial wash cloth and warm water.
6. Green tea exfoliator:
Green Tea: Green tea contains antioxidant properties that may help to reactivate cells and fight against damaged skin.
Sugar: Good ol’ sugar is a humectant which may help the skin retain moisture. Sugar also contains glycolic acid which may help encourage cell turnover and fresh-looking skin.
Olive Oil: Olive oil contains important antioxidants which help in protecting the skin from premature aging. Olive oil also helps in treating the oily skin, by drawing out unwanted oils.
Raw Honey: Honey is loaded with antioxidants and natural enzymes that helps in cleansing and nourishment of skin. Honey may also fight against acne, due to it’s antibacterial properties.
In a medium-size bowl, combine all the ingredients. Store the exfoliator in an air-tight container in a cool, dark place
7. Cucumber face scrub and toner :
- Mix cucumber and baking soda, adding more baking soda if you want more exfoliation.
- Gently rub onto face, scrubbing in circular motions, then rinse with water.